Candy corn is a fall favorite, and making your own is fun and surprisingly easy. Be aware measurements are approximate and may need to be altered depending on various factors, so if it’s too sticky at first, add some more powdered sugar and knead.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup dry non—fat milk
- 1 cup marshmallows
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 4 Tbs water
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Yellow and red food coloring (paste works best, if you can find it)
1. Mix the confectioners’ sugar salt and dry milk in a food processor until smooth.
2. Heat water, sugar and syrup in a saucepan over med heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add butter and heat to 230 degrees for 3—4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
5. Add vanilla and dry mixture, stir well until smooth.
6. Pour onto parchment paper in a shallow pan to cool.
7. Once cool separate into 3 separate pieces.
8. Color 1 yellow and another red and yellow (orange) leave the last one white.
9. To make corn: roll out dough into strips, 1 of each color. Put strips together in a wedge shape, let dry for an hour or so and slice.
Special note: this candy gets even better after a day or two.